The Story Told Through Our Genes WhitepaperJanuary 29, 2019
We have set up two options, telehealth and phone sessions to stay connected with our clients. Please refer to the following information below to determine if telehealth is something you want to consider for counseling.
To access these new services please follow the steps below:
- Determine if telehealth counseling is something that you/or your child are interested in doing with your therapist, please feel free to contact us personally if you want help deciding if this is an option.
- Call your insurance company and ask if your policy covers telehealth sessions, most insurance companies are making concessions and all Medicaid clients have coverage.
- Let your therapist know and we will send you a link to sign into your personal Client Portal on Simple Practice.
- You will be asked to complete an Informed Consent Form for Telehealth, this is an important step because we cannot start until it is signed.
- After receiving the signed form, your therapist will schedule an appointment time and send you a reminder email/text and link to your session.
Please let us know if your insurance is not covering telehealth services and we will discuss other options.
For those clients that attend our STEPPS and STAIRWAYS groups, give us another week to set up on a secure platform for groups…we’re looking into the possibilities now!
Finally, we want to help you with some healthy ideas for quarantining:
- Do an online workout
- Spend some extra time with pets
- Go outside daily
- Connect with someone via FaceTime
- Read a book
- Do some spring cleaning
- Find a favorite music artist and watch them online
- Unfollow or mute social media accounts that upset you
- Watch limited news coverage
We are checking our phone calls and emails on a regular basis, so don’t hesitate to communicate with us… we will get through this better than before!